Reservation and cancellation policy
The following policy is applicable when making a reservation for the Castle Ruins and Velvet Cave (Castle foundation of Valkenburg).
- Group discounts start at groups of 25 visitors.
- Changes in reservations must be made 5 working days before visiting. If more people join the group than originally stated at time of the reservation, extra costs will be charged. When less people join than originally stated at time of the reservation, a reduction in costs will be given.
- Changes made in the number of people can have consequences for the program. The Foundation is not responsible for any last minute changes due to a change in group size.
- Payment must be completed by invoice.
- The payment must be completed in full by invoice 5 working days before your planned visit..
- Free tickets, coupons, vouchers, additional discounts and other offers do not count towards group bookings.
- The amount has to be paid in full. It's not permitted to reduce the amount of your invoice, with any outstanding charges by the foundation.
- Offers and estimates are valid for a period of 4 weeks starting from the date of confirmation by the Foundation. After this period your offer/estimate will expire.
- A reservation is final when a signed confirmation is receives by us.
- If you do not wish to make use of your reservation, we kindly ask you to inform us A.S.A.P. by telephone or by mail.
- We will not charge a fee if the cancellation is processed 14 days or more before the date of your reservation.
- If the cancellation is processed less than 14 but more than or five working days before the reserved date, then 50% of the total amount of booked services will be charged.
- If the cancellation is processed less than five days but more then 48 hours before the reserved date, then 75% of the total amount of booked services will be charged.
- If the cancellation is processed less than 48 hours in advance then 100% of the total amount of booked services will be charged.
- The castle ruin is an outdoor activity. Under extreme weather condotions the foundation may decide to close the castle on short notice because of safety concerns. In this case a visit to the castle ruins will be cancelled and a refund will be provided.
Download here the Reservation Conditions and Cancellation Policy (pdf).